The Studierendenwerkbeitrag (Student Services fee) is determined each semester by the responsible student services organisation, the Studierendenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg, and published according to the regulations.

You will receive information about the Student Services fee in your admission letter and in the request for binding enrolment at the latest.


When fees are due from first-year students/transfer students

First-year and transfer students must provide proof of payment of the Student Services fee in the full amount by the date of enrolment stated in the admission letter.

If payment is not made by the deadline, enrolment will not be possible. 

When you enrol, please enclose proof of payment from your bank or a recent bank account statement with your enrolment documents.

The university’s bank account information and the transfer note (“Verwendungszweck”) are both listed on the Request for Enrolment, which is available in the StudyOhm application portal after you have completed the online matriculation in the portal.

Refunds of the Student Services fee for first-year and transfer students who do not begin their studies

Should you not wish to begin your studies despite having already completed enrolment, it is only possible to obtain a refund of the Student Services fee if the university receives a refund request (“Antrag auf Rückerstattung”) by 14 March for a summer semester or 30 September for a winter semester. Submit this request to:

If the university does not receive your request by these dates, a refund of the Student Services fee will no longer be possible. Please note that in this case, you must submit a request to be removed from the student register in the StudyOhm portal and that any refund of the fees must be concluded by the Studierendenwerk Erlangen-Nuremberg. In this case, please contact kommunikationatwerksweltPunktde

Exemption from the collective contribution towards the semester ticket or the student services fee is only possible for: 

  • Severely disabled persons who hold a severely disabled person’s pass and are also able to prove entitlement to free carriage on public transport by means of a stamp from the Office for Family and Social Welfare.
  • Students who are enrolled in more than one higher education institution at the same time and are exempt from payment of Student Services fees in accordance with Article 121, paragraph 4, line 2 of the BayHIG.
  • Students who would like to complete a semester abroad (for study or internship) and would like to request a leave according to Article 5, paragraph 3 of the Studierendenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg’s regulations for the Student Services fee (“Solidarbeitrag”).

Please submit your application for exemption during the registration period, plus the necessary documentation, together with your enrolment documents or when you register to continue your studies in the upcoming semester, to

If you are spending time abroad, please upload your application for exemption in StudyOhm when you request your leave of absence.

As of winter semester 2023/2024: The Student Services fee is not currently being charged and the semester ticket is not being offered. Therefore, no exemption applications are being accepted at this time.