A semester abroad can include different types of studying abroad:

  • ERASMUS programme: One or two semesters can be spent abroad as part of existing university partnerships within the EU and other European countries. In this case, no tuition fees are to be paid when studying at a partner university. ERASMUS students also receive a financial grant each month.
  • Other exchange partnerships: In addition to the programs supported by the EU, other university partnerships may exist (e.g. overseas) that help to facilitate an exchange.
  • Free Mover: A semester abroad is organised and undertaken outside existing partnership agreements on one’s own initiative.

In the case of university partnerships, the transfer of comparable credits is agreed and support is provided on the ground by the local university. You can find our existing agreements with partner universities here.