Fees and invoicing

For students at Nuremberg Tech, all regular term-time courses and those offered during the semester breaks are free of charge. 

For students at cooperating universities , all courses are also offered free of charge. 

Many of our courses, including during the semester break and certificate courses, are also open to external auditing students. You can find the course fees in the respective course description. There is a reduced course fee for school students and students at other universities, etc.

Information for external auditing students

The courses offered by the Language Center are of course open to private auditing students to improve their language or intercultural skills. We are happy to assist you in choosing the right course to suit your needs. Shortly after the course has started, we will send you an invoice for the auditing student fee. You can find the course fees in the respective course description. When making the payment transfer, please provide the course number and the booking reference. If you have registered for a course but are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, you may be entitled to a refund of the fee, provided you inform the Language Center in writing in good time. Please be aware that registration for one of these courses only entitles you to attend that language course and does not constitute enrolment at the university. As these courses are university courses, courses may not be held if student registrations are too few. More information can be found in our schedule of fees. Students from other universities are also very welcome and are entitled to a reduced course fee, which can be found in the respective course description.

Registration and assessments

A one-time system-registration is required for external users, including students of our cooperating universities. For this system-registration and to register for your language course, please use the Login  option on the left.

You do not need to have completed the previous course or submit a certificate of linguistic proficiency to take part in a specific course. However, if you find a course to be too difficult or easy for you, it is possible to change to a different level at any time within the first week.

Nuremberg Tech students

You must register in PAPI to take the exam. At the beginning of the registration period, you will receive an email from the Student Office asking you to check your registrations in PAPI, and correct if necessary. At the end of the registration period, you will receive another email with your final exam registrations.

Cooperating universities

As students at cooperating universities do not have access to the Nuremberg Tech exam registration system (PAPI), you will register for the exam with your lecturer during the course. You must likewise register for the exam in advance.

Grades and participation certificates

The exam results will be sent to the Student Office by the grade submission deadline; for cooperating universities, these will be sent at the start of the next semester. In urgent cases, it is possible to receive this information from the Language Center in advance on production of a valid photo ID. We are happy to issue confirmations of participation or certificates of linguistic proficiency for the courses offered by the Language Center at any time. However, as these certificates are not standardly issued for all participants, please send us a short request by email or telephone, or request one in person at the Language Center Service Desk.  Please provide your name, student ID number, and the course number in your request.

Proof of linguistic proficiency for studying abroad

Students completing part of their studies abroad and therefore requiring proof of their linguistic proficiency (usually a DAAD certificate) can obtain this from the Language Center.
- The certificate is issued for the relevant level on the basis of an exam taken at Nuremberg Tech.
- If you have not taken an exam, it may be possible, in exceptional circumstances, to take an individual test of your linguistic skills with one of our language teachers. Please allow at least one week for this, including time to arrange the appointment.