Photo: LuckyBusiness/ Fotolia

Welcome to Nuremberg Institute of Technology

Have you completed your “Abitur” or already studied in your home country? Would you like to continue your studies or embark on a new programme in Germany?

The Nuremberg Institute of Technology offers a wide range of interesting bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes in the fields of technology, business, design, and social sciences.

The conditions for international students also apply for prospective students with a refugee background. If you are interested in studying with us, we look forward to hearing from you! Go for it!

Prospective students with a refugee background

Study programmes at Nuremberg Tech

university of applied sciences. Studying with us offers you the opportunity to earn a high quality bachelor’s or master’s degree and at the same time gain valuable practical experience. This combination makes our degree programmes attractive and helps you transition easily into the working world. We offer a very wide range of degree programmes in various fields of engineering, including civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, medical engineering, architecture, and much more. In addition, we also have degree programmes in business and management sciences, design, and social work. Click here to see all our degree programmes at a glance.

Linguistic and subject requirements

Can I study?

To study at a German university, you need a university entrance qualification (“Hochschulzugangsberechtigung” = HZB). In general, this is the school certificate that qualifies you for university study, for example the “Abitur”. The first step, therefore, is to submit your certificates to the Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle at Nuremberg Tech for evaluation. For this, simply send you school or university certificates to us directly for evaluation. You can find the application form for this and other important information here: in German / in English.

You will also need very good German language proficiency to study with us ( generally  C1 level). You will need to prove your language skills via a recognized language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF. To reach this high level, you will need to attend an intensive preparatory course lasting several months. More information on preparing to study and applying.

Students with a refugee background

Support for success at university



Sofia Royon Vivas

Email: sofia.royonvivasatth-nuernbergPunktde